Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009

Inherited talents?


For the equestrians in Indonesia the name Larasati Gading means the most famous and most successful dressage contestant of Indonesia. Having won many competitions both nationally and internationally Larasati Gading can be seen, as a dressage rider with the best qualifications. The 38 year old, is also a former model in her younger years posing for famous magazines and many other fashion events. Now she is a mother of three daughters.
Her oldest daughter Alyssa Prameswari Rischka, is yet to become a star just like her mother. The 18 year old German-Indonesian mixed girl, has also achieved a quite big number of important qualifications.
Recently, on the 27-29th of November at the Gading Open at Pegasus Stables (Wisma Kinasih/Sukabumi), she has once again won the Three Day Event for the seventh time this year. She has been awarded the national final championship cup to honor her achievement. Alyssa is happy and proud to win this award, as she claims that participating in a Three Day Event competition is not an easy thing to do, since it involves good skills in dressage, cross-country and showjumping.
Alyssa has managed to maintain her leading position by staying focused and not overtraining herself. She prepares by doing a lot of technical exercises to have an insight on the difficuties that may occur while competing.
When Alyssa was asked whether she wants to follow her mother's footsteps as a dressage rider, she shook her head and laughed. "No, I am a person who likes the adrenaline rush, and I like adventures. For me, dressage is boring. However, it is still important for me to do as it supports the basics for my showjumping. To be a good jumper, you need to be good in dressage." Says the tanned skinned girl as she flips her long dark-brown locks with a smile.
The adventure-seeking girl has beeen riding for 13 years now, and her success is inclining from year to year. "I hope that I can find a bigger horse and train with a professional jumping coach overseas. Since I was a little girl I have been dreaming of joining the Olympics and the Grand Prix in Europe. I really try my best to achieve this in the future." She claims.
The inspiring young lady has also developed an interest in fashion and will be attending Raffles College Jakarta to take courses in fashion design. "I'm thinking about designing jackets for competitions. I want to have my own line for equestrian clothing."
Successful in riding? A big interest in fashion? This may be something we can call inherited talents.
Photo: Alyssa (right) and Larasati (left)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen